Sunday, February 15, 2015

Olfactif - Coming Home Collection

Hello Everyone!   Before I begin... I just want to say if you ever need anything or have a question about something the fastest way to get in touch with me is through my e-mail: allurebyamy@gmail.com.                                        I love connecting with my readers, and even if I don't connect with you one on one each day, your thoughts and opinions matter!

That being said, I have a wonderful new subscription company I am excited to share with you. Olfactif was the first to come out of it's kind, and I had the chance to try out December's - "Coming Home" collection. 

What is Olfactif?

According to their site...



"Around the first of each month, we send subscribers some of the finest and hardest-to-find perfume samples from niche artists around the world. Our samples aren't those tiny vials you get at the department store; we give you 2.25 ml of each scent in a glass spray vial, and each vial has enough for 15 - 20 wearings.

That's not all—we also give you an $18 credit to put toward a full bottle of a featured scent, every month. We also indulge your curiosity about scent with great content about the featured artists and their stories, plus lots of fascinating info on the science of smell.

What is niche perfume?
Niche perfume is hard to find, unless you happen to live in New York or Paris. Unlike the companies that make mainstream scents, the people who make niche perfume aren't obsessed with conforming to trends and mimicking last year's best sellers. They value creativity and originality, and they make things you'd never smell on department store counters. And with the contrasts and complexities you'll find in these perfumes, they just make the act of smelling a lot more fun. And isn't that why we're here in the first place?"

I love that you not only get a great deluxe size vial of each perfume, but if you like the perfume you get an $18 credit towards a full bottle. This is a pretty awesome benefit in my opinion. 

If you wish to check out all of their perfumes they currently have for sale you can go here: Shop Olfactif

Their subscription service is $18/month. The longer you subscribe the more you save. If you sign up for a year it is only $15/month. To subscribe to the Olfactif Subscription Service you can go here: http://www.olfactif.com/products/subscriptions

The Perfume/My Thoughts


I absolutely love the packaging that you receive each month. It's a slide out box, but the way it slides out makes it feel sort of magical the way the "Olfactif" sign reveals the vials.

Each box you generally receive 3 different vials of perfume of 2.25 ml of the scent, UNLESS you get a high dollar value or rare perfume then it may be a little less. You will see in my third sample what I mean by that.

In the "Coming Home" collection the common theme I noticed was vanilla, which is wonderful for me because it's my favorite scent! I believe they try and allocate a theme each month, which I also thought was pretty neat. 



Bright gourmand vanilla

Notes: Lemon, bergamot, heliotrope, jasmine, Australian, sandalwood, French vanilla, benzoin Siam, Madagascar vanilla absolute. 

This one for me one probably the lightest of the three. It was very light and sweet. It reminded me of vanilla cupcakes. I thoroughly enjoy it, and it is very wholesome.

Price For Full Size: $70



Dark, dry, boozy vanilla

Notes: Mexican vanilla absolute, lemon, grapefruit, caramel, nutmeg, gardenia, jasmine, sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver, musk, tonka.

This one was definitely a darker and stronger vanilla compared to the others. It wasn't my favorite compared to the others, but it is slowly growing on me. The more I wear it; the more I am starting to like it.

Price for Full Size: $65



Hypnotic, caramelized floral-vanilla

Notes: Blood orange, bergamot, lavender, Bulgarian rose, Egyptian jasmine, cinnamon, licorice, vanilla, caramel.

On the card it says, "due to the precious nature of the ingredients, your sample of Lira contains 1.75 ml." In other words, this perfume is expensive! ha-ha. 

So you can see how much less you get, I compared it to the other two...


I don't mind getting less of a perfume if that means trying a rarer or more expensive perfume, as long as it isn't an every month sort of thing. Which from what I've seen from others, I don't believe it is. 

Not to mention it was my FAVORITE of the three. It is the most amazing perfume I have ever smelled, and I can honestly say I have found my new favorite perfume. Even more so than my previous favorite perfume which was Halle Berry - Exotic Jasmine. However, unless I start making some big bucks soon, I will have to use my sample sparingly. I am happy that I got to try this wonderful concoction. 

Price for Full Size: $345


 What do you think about Olfactif? Do you think you could benefit from this perfume subscription service? I love hearing your questions/comments, so feel free to leave them below.

XOXO,

Free product disclosure


8 comments:

  1. What a nice and fancy looking packaging. Very nice I likes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the packaging, it is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading & commenting. :)

      Delete
  3. In love with Lira ingredients, cute package.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's heavenly, and my new favorite perfume. :)

      Delete
  4. This subscription box is next on my list! I love perfumes and wear them daily. This is great for me to change up scents every month without breaking the bank. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help! I'm hoping to be subscribing to them full time soon as well. :)

      Delete