Thursday, January 22, 2015

Ipsy - January 2015

(click to enlarge)

Greetings! I hope everyone is having a super duper day! I just received my Ipsy bag for the month of January, and I am psyched to share with you what I got. This month's theme was "Fresh Start."



If you don't know what Ipsy is, it's a beauty subscription bag designed just for you, (by taking the beauty quiz) that cost $10 a month. The $10 also includes shipping. Beauty Guru Michelle Phan curates the bags, and you generally receive 5 items. 

If you wish to sign up you can sign up through my personal referral link here: Ipsy Sign Up




Each month you receive a bag with your Ipsy items in them. The bag this month was blue on one side, and then white on the other. Inside it opened to reveal a nice bright orange color.

Let's see what I got in my bag this month...


Nourish Organic Renewing Eye CreamNourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream provides rich hydration to the delicate skin around the eyes. This powerful product will leave your eyes looking brighter, smoother and younger looking. 

Key Ingredients: 
     • Avocado Oil - Restores and protects skin, while helping retain clarity and brightness. 
     • Moroccan Argan Oil - Packed with restorative omega fatty acids to intensely hydrate and replenish.
     • Shea Butter - Deeply moisturizes and softens skin.


I am a big fan of Nourish Organic products. I also found this eye cream to be great as well. It goes on like lotion, but absorbs quickly. It is Avocado and Argan, but I can't smell any sort of scent. I went to try and find it on their site, but it seems the item isn't out yet? While it stinks that I can't find the price, it is nice to have an item not released and hope Ipsy will do that a lot more.


BellaPierre Shimmer Powder in "Exite" - Using 100% pure Mineral powder, these beautiful shimmer powders will provide long lasting, vibrant color without any additional filler that can often smear, crease, fade and even cause allergic reaction. Recommended by make-up artists and dermatologists, BelláPierre shimmer powders are 100% Hypoallergenic and are suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive. 

When I first received this, I thought it was white eyeshadow (which for me isn't practical). Then, I realized it was shimmer powder which you can use pretty much anywhere. I even sometimes mix them in my nail polish for extra sparkle. 

Price: $14.99 (Full size!)


(Malin+Goetz) Mojito Lip Balm - (MALIN+GOETZ) Mojito Lip Balm is as soothing to the lips as it is to the senses. Flavored with (MALIN+GOETZ) Mojito, this lip balm is scientifically blended to restore and replenish. This hydrating lip gel easily integrates for daily maintenance, prevention and treatment of dry, irritated lips. Color and paraben free. 

This was my first time trying this company, and so far I really like the formula. It does a great job at soothing and moisturizing the lips. I look forward to possibly trying out other products by them.

Price: $12.00 (Full Size!)

Pacifica  Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow - An incredibly innovative formula that pushes natural makeup and mineral color to new bounds. Rich, lasting, creaseless eye shadows are infused with coconut water for a velvety, cream-like finish. 

Formulated without: Phthalates, parabens, carmine, beeswax, lanolin, mineral oils, propylene glycol, petroleum and FD& C colors (along with other nasties you do not want on your skin). No animal testing. Gluten-free, 100% vegan and cruelty-free. 

I've always heard such great thing's about Pacifica, but honestly wasn't impressed when I first tried their eye shadows. They just had no pigment, and I felt I had to pile it on to get any use out of it. I gave it another try today, and they must have changed their formula because it is so much better! I couldn't find the exact price on this, because I see on their site they only sell it in a palette.

PRICE: $3? 


Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow BrushDon’t miss a spot with this ridiculously soft shadow brush. This brush with its 100% synthetic bristles is the perfect multitasker. Use it to highlight your brow bone and place the right amount of color for perfect and even application! Your lids will thank you later! 

I adore Elizabeth Mott's line, thanks to Ipsy I have everyone of her products now. This brush is a great eyeshadow brush, and I hope that she will make more brushes in the future. Also, who doesn't love a pink brush? ;)

Price: $9.99 (Full Size!)


BONUS ITEM

Bonus item's are items you get for redeeming points that you earn from reviewing the products, sharing, and referring on Ipsy.

(500 points)

NYX Butter Lip Balm in Red Velvet"Dip your lips in a sheer wash of color with NYX Butter Lip Balm. One swipe leaves dry lips feeling supple and hydrated. This Buttery Lip Balm is addictively soft and scrumptious and perfect for adding a subtle hint of color for a naturally flirtatious pout. Apply directly to bare lips or apply it over lip liner for more intense color."

I loved the one I received in "Lady Fingers" so much, that I just had to try out "Red Velvet." It has such a creamy and smooth formula.

Price: $4.00 (Full Size!)



A great way to start the year! What do you think about this month's Ipsy "Start Fresh?" What variation did you receive? I love hearing your questions/comments, so feel free to leave them below.

Until next time STAY BEAUTIFUL by STAYING YOU!
XOXO,




Free product disclosure

2 comments:

  1. What a nice bag of items you got. I never signed up for this. It sure is a great price. What a deal ;) 5 items for 10 now that's a score right there. Great review on all the items you received. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, actually the value of my bag this month was around $50! :) I use to sign up for a bunch of subscriptions, but times got hard and Ipsy was the only one I didn't cancel so I could still have my makeup fix so to speak. lol. If I could afford it I would of probably had a subscription blog loves subscription services, there are so many out there! Thanks for reading, and if you ever need advice on which subscription service to get just let me know what kind of subscription you want, and I will let you know the best ones. They have a subscription for just about anything and everything!

      Delete