Sunday, January 4, 2015

Afterglow Cosmetics - Organic Infused Blush (Cozy)


Hello Everyone! I hope all of you are having a terrific day so far. I just recently tried a new blush for the first time, and I have to share with you about it! Their Organic Infused Blushes are really something spectacular. However, before we get into that, this is the first time I have ever wrote about Afterglow Cosmetics. 
So I was excited to learn a bit about them first....

Who is Afterglow Cosmetics?

From Kristin the Founder & CEO...

"The Afterglow Cosmetics line was developed out of my personal need for healthy color cosmetics that not only out-performed traditional cosmetics but were also natural and fashionable.

All the women in my family are sensitive to food, cosmetics and perfume. I started using make-up at an early age to cover up acne but it seemed to only make my skin feel and look worse. I have always been aware of washing my food well, eating organic and avoiding pesticides. However, for many years I never drew a straight line from this mode of thinking about my food and caring for my body to thinking the same way about my personal care products and the effect they have on my body both inside and out.

Though there were other natural and mineral cosmetics already out there calling their products natural, they still included objectionable ingredients like petro-chemicals, parabens and bismuth oxychloride. These alternatives also fell short in the color selection department. Instead of continuing the frustrating search for the ideal cosmetic line, I decided to create the solution for myself. I started by making cosmetics for myself, friends and family and quickly realized that there was simply nothing else out there that could compare to the luminescent finish, gentleness and the quality of pharmaceutical grade and certified organic ingredients. In 2004 Afterglow Cosmetics was born. Now I work with some of the most innovative and creative chemists and other experts, developing new and exciting natural, organic and mineral cosmetics. I truly believe that quality can be achieved naturally without the standard, and often toxic, petro-chemicals and synthetics found in traditional cosmetics. You can create naturally glamorous looks without sacrificing color palette or product effectiveness. Afterglow's unique blend of minerals and natural pigments has been very carefully formulated with your style, health and beauty in mind."


I find it appalling that their were companies calling their products natural, yet included all these harmful ingredients! I am not familiar with all the harmful ingredients, but one thing I do know is Paraben's is not something you want in any product. 

I love that she had an idea and brought it to life to make better cosmetics for not only her friends and family, but for everyday people like us. 


The Product/My Thoughts


Organic Infused Blush 

"Our velvety smooth, feather-light, Organic Infused Blush is perfect for every aspiring blushing beauty. Whether in a soft or glowing finish, every color goes on as innocent as nature intended or builds to high drama.

Triple–milled minerals allow for flawless blending as well as color layering to create the most exquisite looks. Organic botanical extracts like calendula flower oil, rose petal oil and pomegranate seed oil nourish the skin while improving it. Anti-inflammatory properties reduce redness and sooth the skin while promoting healthy collagen."




  • Available in 7 wearable shades: Cozy (AS SEEN HERE!), Tickle, Smitten, Majestic, First Blush, & Dusty Rose
(CLICK to ENLARGE)

  • Layers and blends easily without settling or creasing
  • Infused with soothing organic botanicals (Rose Petal, Pomegranate, Calendula Flower)
  • NO parabens, nanos, bismuth oxychloride, gluten or talc
  • 100% natural ingredients
  • Weight: 3 gr / 0.10 oz

Each blush is $26. To purchase this blush or any of the Organic Infused Blushes go here: Afterglow Cosmetics Blush.




The first thing I noticed about the blush is the packaging. I love how each of the blushes come with their own individual mirror. The next thing I noticed is when I put it on was how light the blushes feel, and how the formula feels as if it was made with quality. 

Some blushes you buy it just cakes on. That or it takes forever to rub in. Then what has happened to me A LOT and one of the reason's why I don't wear blush is because, it doesn't look good on my fair skin. I am very critical when it comes to blush and bronzer. So, I was really impressed with how great it blends. It blends so well in fact that you can actually layer it. What I mean by that is the more you put on the more color is added to your skin.

I was a little apprehensive about the $26 price tag, but once I actually tried one of the blushes it all made since. It's now one of my favorite blushes in my collections, and I will go as far to say it's quality is that of my Benefit Hervana blush. 

I am very happy that I got to try this, and I am hoping to be able to try their other shades along with their other cosmetics to see how they compare.

Overall Product Score: 4.8*

Here is a quick look I did with the blush...


What do you think of Afterglow Cosmetics? Have you ever tried their blush or any of their product's? If not do you think you would in the future, and if so what would you like to try? I love hearing your questions and comments, so feel free to leave them below! 

As always REMEMBER to STAY BEAUTIFUL by STAYING YOU! XOXO ~ Amy


Free product disclosure

*overall rating is based on a 5 point scale based off of product, pricing, texture, application, and longevity.

4 comments:

  1. I would totally buy. Never have I tried it. I like blush that are light and this be great on my cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it's great for any skin tone shade which is rare to find now-a-days. I think you would like it as well. Thank you for reading & commenting.

      Delete
  2. Love the shade you sampled, Miss Amy. It looks GREAT on you!! Also love the cute names for each shade. Mag B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mag for the lovely comment. Yeah, I really enjoyed the shade that was picked for me, now I want to try them all. lol! Thanks for reading.

      Delete