Wednesday, September 3, 2014

One Direction - Midnight Memories Collection



Hello Everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful week. Today, I want to talk to you about an item I received called the One Direction Midnight Memories Collection! Now, I am not really a fan of One Direction but think their makeup line is pretty cool. They actually have three different ones called Take Me Home, Up All Night, and this one which is Midnight Memories. All of them with different color combinations. Up above is the front of the box. 



Up above is what the inside of the box looks like when you open it. In the inside it gives you a detailed description about what's inside, and even tells you how to use the eyeshadow for different looks.

Now Let's take a look at some of the makeup...


"Through The Dark" Lipgloss - Liquilights Lip Gloss - Electric glitter poppy lip gloss that glows to neon red-orange under UV light. I love the color of this lipgloss, its such a pretty splash of sparkly pink. I also tested out under a black light to see it change colors, which was really cool. I didn't even know they made lipgloss like that until now. 


"Best Song Ever" Lipstick - crimson red creme lipstick. This is such a pretty shade of red, and I was actually impressed with the formula. It was very smooth and went on with ease. It also looked great on me as well, even though I have such a light complexion.


4+1 Eye Shadow Palette - in smokey shimmery grays and neutrals: "Little White Lies" - palest warm gray "Don't Forget Where You Belong" - Soft Pink Shimmer, "Half a Heart" - metal gray, "Strong" - Charcoal black matte shimmer, "Midnight Memories" - silver glitter creme. I think these are such pretty and easy blendable colors to use. I like how all of the colors have that little touch of sparkle to give it something extra.


"Better Than Words" Eye Pencil - The Blackest black eye and body crayon. I have never thought about using this as a body crayon, but it defiantly makes you think! This eye pencil works very well, and I didn't have any problems using it. 


"Little Black Dress" Mascara - Volumizing mascara in perfectly black. I took the picture so that you could see the way the wand of the mascara is made. I like how this mascara wand gets each of your eyelashes covered, without any clumps.


"Right Now" Nail Varnish - Liquefied metallic steel nail varnish. I think this is a really pretty color of polish. It is the perfect color of steel gray. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I love how all the bottles have such great detail with what looks like little black bricks on each of the items. 


5-Piece Stencil Set - I thought these were really cool stencils, you can use them for just about anything. I used the diamond one to give my niece a stencil for her nails. I thought it was a nice little added bonus, and made the kit that much better.

I think this would make a wonderful gift for a teenage girl or just someone in general who likes makeup like myself. You don't necessarily have to be a One Direction fan to enjoy this makeup kit, but it certainly doesn't hurt!

If you would like to get more info about this kit and keep up with the makeup line, they have a facebook page you can go to located here: 

You can get this kit at Macy's, Stage Stores, Dillards, Beauty Brands, and Lord & Taylor. You may be able to find it else where but please make sure you buy it from a trusted retailer!

Overall Product Score: 4.0*


Let me know below what your thoughts are about the new One Direction Makeup Line! I would love to hear your feedback rather it be a question or comment. Thanks so much for reading, and be on the lookout for more great reviews!
XOXO.

Free product disclosure


*overall rating is based on a 5 point scale based off of product, pricing, texture, application, and longevity.

2 comments:

  1. Really nice makeup set from One Direction. Has very pretty eye shadow colors. The lip gloss is so my color. Everything I see I would enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wonderful comment. Yeah, I was really happy with getting picked for this set. they have a set for everyone it looks like.

      Delete