Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Ipsy - September 2014


Greetings! I hope everyone is having a nice day. I just received my Ipsy bag for the month of September, and I am excited to share with you what I got. This month's theme was "Street Styled."

If you don't know what Ipsy is, it's a beauty subscription bag designed just for you, (by taking the beauty quiz) that cost $10 a month. The $10 also includes shipping. Beauty Guru Michelle Phan curates the bags, and you generally receive 5 items. 

If you wish to sign up you can sign up through my personal referral link here: Ipsy Sign Up


The bag was so much prettier in person, than the pictures of it was. I didn't think from the pictures I would like it, but when I got it - beautiful! 

I received 5 items this month, I also received a bonus Ipsy bag with my referral points as well, that I got a few weeks ago. Even though I had the bag before, the items I got, was items I had never had. The bag was the June 2013 bag, however the items were somewhat different.


Alterna Haircare CAVIAR CC Cream 10-in-1 Complete Correction - "A miracle leave-in product that delivers 10 benefits in 1 easy step, leaving hair perfectly polished. Provides complete: moisture, shine, smoothness, softness, UV protection, manageability, strength, anti-breakage, heat protection and light hold. Can be used alone or as a foundation for the layering of other styling products." I've actually had this product before in a previous Glossybox, and still have some. I was still happy to see it, but will be passing it on to a friend, so she can get the enjoyment out of as I have. I think it works great to give your hair extra shine as well as moisture. The full size is expensive, so it was nice to get a decent size sample to be able to try it out.
Price: $25.00 (2.5oz) 


Pacifica Natural Water-Proof Eye Pencil - "These rich water-proof, buttery smooth eye pencils glide on smooth and deliver big color pay off with every stroke. Long-lasting natural formula, provides hours of wear and contains beneficial ingredients great for the sensitive eye area." So, I have mixed feelings about this product. I thought the formula was great and exactly as described. However, the pencil just straight out wasn't made well. I don't know if you can notice, but as soon as I opened the pencil it broke. I sharpened it again and it kept cracking and would not sharpen properly. Like I said, I love the formula but the overall pencil is just not for me. I won't give up though. I would like to try the black one instead of this one (which is grey) and see if I just got a bad pencil, but this one just wasn't it.
Price: $11 (for a full size)


Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush - "This dual-ended brush offers the best of both worlds. The shadow brush is perfect for applying eye shadow or contouring the eye, while the crease brush is designed to be used dry for defining the eye, or wet for precision concealing. " This brush was somewhat difficult to take a picture of, that's why you see it on a table, instead of my usual background. However, it was my favorite product in the bag! I've never owned a double ended brush before, and this one works so well! I love how well made it is, and how I can use it with ease.
Price: $6.99 (FULL SIZE!)


Hikari Lipstick in Cabernet - "Amp up the color with Hikari’s richly colored lip stick. The high pigmented formula glides on smoothly with a matte finish. Layer this formula to build color for a perfectly enchanted pout." This color is a lot darker than it photographed. I was a little intimidated at first, but I think with the right look I can pull this off. I am interested to see what other colors they have as well. I think its a great formula, and goes on smooth.
Price: $13.00 (FULL SIZE!)


Nourish Organic Moisturizing Cream Face Cleanser - "This gentle cleanser washes away impurities without drying, irritating or causing redness. Cucumber hydrates and soothes. Watercress, rich in antioxidants, helps protect skin from free radical damage. Alcohol-Free. Gluten-Free. Vegan." I love the smell of the cleanser (even though its fragrance free), and like how gentle it is on my face. It's also packed with a ton of nutrients and vitamins. 
Full Prize: $13.00 (for 6 FL OZ. this one is 1 FL OZ.)

So, what did you think of this month's "Street Style" Ipsy bag for September? Do you subscribe to Ipsy, and if not what's been keeping you from doing so? I would love to hear what you got in your bag this month, along with your questions and comments. Feel free to leave them below!

2 comments: